Goal: To find a natural face wash that would remove all of my makeup without burning my eyes, and wouldn’t cause me to break out.
Brand I Tried: Bubble and Bee Organic
Product: Facial Cleanser Sample Pack, including Pineapple Enzyme, Cool Cucumber, and Honey & Rosehip.
Pineapple Enzyme Product Description: 80% Organic, Revitalizing Formula for Normal Skin. The enzymes freshly extracted from organic pineapple and organic papaya help clear away dead skin cells and buildup, leaving complexion revitalized and clear. This gentle castile formula doesn’t clog pores and is free from synthetic detergents, preservatives, fragrance and fillers that commonly irritate skin. It smells so fresh and good you’ll want to use it again and again!
Ingredients: organic coconut oil saponified, organic olive oil saponified, organic jojoba oil saponified, organic pineapple extract, organic tropical enzyme blend (pineapple, papaya & green papaya), vegetable glycerin, organic guar gum, organic aloe vera juice, rosemary extract.
Cool Cucumber Product Description: Certified 80% Organic, Refreshing Formula for Oily or Acneic Skin.This gentle castile formula doesn’t clog pores and is free from synthetic detergents, preservatives, fragrance and fillers that commonly irritate skin. Dispenses as a gel which you then lather up and apply. Cucumber Extract has long been used for its anti-inflammatory properties and helps to soothe and calm inflamed skin for a clearer, more consistent complexion. Peppermint Essential Oil helps increase circulation to the skin, giving you a healthy glow and reducing oil. Tea Tree & Clove Essential oils are proven effective against propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria that causes acne flare-ups.
Ingredients: organic coconut oil saponified, organic olive oil saponified, organic jojoba oil saponified, organic cucumber extract, organic peppermint essential oil, vegetable glycerin, organic peppermint essential oil, organic aloe vera juice, organic tea tree essential oil, organic clove essential oil, rosemary extract.
Honey & Rosehip Product Description: Certified Organic, Moisturizing Formula for Dry, Sensitive or Aging Skin. Harnessing the purifying and healing power of organic honey and the moisturizing and anti-aging benefits of rosehip seed oil, our Honey & Rosehip Facial Cleanser gently removes impurities without stripping skin of its moisture. We created this mild cleanser for the driest, most sensitive skin, without detergents, preservatives, or synthetic chemicals of any kind. This product has no added scent. It has a very mild nutty and sweet aroma from the jojoba oil and the honey. Dispenses as a gel which gives a very mild lather.
Ingredients: organic simmondsia chinensis jojoba oil, organic honey, organic rosehip seed oil, saponified organic coconut oil, saponified organic olive oil, saponified organic jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, organic guar gum, organic aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) juice, rosemary extract.
- Price: $14.99 / Sample Pack of all 3
- Size: 3/ 1 oz. bottles.
- Uses: Facial cleanser.
- Amount Of Product Used For It To Be Effective: Only a few drops.
- First Impression: Came in a cute little bag with bumble bees all over it!
- Visual Attractiveness: Hard to judge since they were only sample sizes. Like their other product labels better.
- Texture: All were as you would normally expect for face wash. No suds with the Honey & Rosehip one, I knew that ahead of time though.
- Scent: The Pineapple Enzyme is my fave scent of course, but I also really liked the Cool Cucumber one. As for the Honey & Rosehip- I was not a fan at all! However, I did get it in my mouth somehow, and it does taste like honey (IDK, don’t ask LOL).
- How Long I’ve Used It: I have alternated all three for the past 3 weeks to give each a fair shot.
- Easy To Find And Where? Bubble & Bee Organics
- Acquired: Bubble and Bee sent me a sample pack to review.
- Customer Service: They have the best customer service! You can chat with Stephanie, the owner directly at almost anytime on their FB page, or their website.
- Sample, Trial, Travel Sizes? Yes, YAY! You must buy them though. Of course, some free samples would be awesome with a purchased order, but I’ll take this for now. I’m so glad I can buy smaller quantities first to see if I like it before I invest in full size products!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Bubble and Bee Organic Cool Cucumber Facial Wash: A Big Fat 0! YAY!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Bubble and Bee Organic Pineapple Enzyme Facial Wash: A Big Fat 0! YAY!
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Bubble and Bee Organic Honey & Rosehip Facial Wash: A Big Fat 0! YAY!
- Product This Will Be Replacing: Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash, Sunflower, Green Tea & Tea Tree Oil.
- EWG’s Skin Deep – Cosmetic Safety Database Rating for Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash, Sunflower, Green Tea & Tea Tree Oil: 4.
- Verdict: I loved that all 3 of these scored a BIG FAT ZERO on EWG’s Skin Deep (woo-hoo!) and also that I could get these as a sample set to compare and see which worked best for my skin. As for now- I didn’t like the Honey & Rosehip one at all other than the taste (ha ha) and the fact that it makes your skin feel like velvet. I just feel like it didn’t do anything for me as far as cleansing. I think that may be a better choice for people who like something along the lines of cream cleansers. Maybe it will grow on me. I will keep using it and update if my feelings change. I’m still torn between the Pineapple Enzyme (smells so yummy) and the Cool Cucumber (so very soothing). I really like both and love the way all three made my skin feel afterwards! I do have to admit though that I was a little disappointed- none of them completely removed all of my makeup by themselves (including the Honey & Rosehip one). It did get most of it off including conventional liquid eyeliner and mascara- but left traces of my eyeshadow and foundation behind :( weird, right? So I tried using organic Jojoba or Olive Oil to remove my makeup first, then washed my face- and worked like a charm! I hate having to use makeup remover though, natural or not. One, it adds an extra step to my beauty routine, and two, because if I have to put my contact lenses back in afterwards it really bothers my eyes! Overall, I would purchase either the Pineapple Enzyme or the Cool Cucumber one again. Keep the new products, sample packs, and trial sizes coming Bubble and Bee!
♥ Buy it at: Bubble+Bee.com