Formerly known as Strands + Co., FoxyMango was born from Cheryl Rose’s personal experience of trying to find better products to use on her hair.
After years of chemically-relaxing her mixed-ethnicity hair, it was constantly dry, damaged, thinning + breaking. Little by little she changed her entire hair regimen – stopped relaxing, stopped flat-ironing daily + began searching for products with more natural and/or organic ingredients. Cheryl found it difficult to find completely organic hair products, never-mind completely organic hair products that worked on her crazy, multi-textured hair! So, her goal was to at least start with as much nature as possible, but when only synthetic ingredients were available, safe ones were a definite priority.
Whether it’s hair care, skin care, makeup, or even deodorant – finding products that work, is a process of trial + error. Like many of us, Cheryl had a difficult time finding stores with a wide enough selection that she could try different brands all in one place. To get good products, she had to go to each individual website to order something, paying for shipping on each site. She knew she could whip up some DIY’s but cooking wasn’t exactly her thing. So, that’s where FoxyMango came from… the idea of one central store, where the whole family can find a decent selection of ingredient-safe products to try – with the option to search products by budget, brand, scent, or view all products that are USDA Organic Certified. And, one of the best things is that nothing in the shop is over $30!
Alba Botanica, Andalou Naturals, Botanical Skin Works, Brown Butter Beauty, Desert Essence, Dirty Laundry, Dr. Bronner’s, EO, Earth Mama Angel Baby, Face Naturals, Greenbody Greenplanet, HollyBeth Organics, Ikove by Florestas, Jane Carter Solution, Knotty Boy, Lafes, Max Green Alchemy, Mera, My Honey Child, Nature’s Baby Organics, Nourish Organic, Nubian Heritage, Orange Thyme, Organic Indulgence, S.W. Basics of Brooklyn, Saint Francis Organics, Shea Terra Organics, Simply Organic, The Soap Market, Trillium Organics + more!
At FoxyMango, they…
- Read every label + research every ingredient in an effort to bring shoppers more nature + less toxins.
- Welcome feedback from shoppers if they see an ingredient that they’re concerned about.
- Understand that an ingredient might seem ok to one person, but may not be ok with someone else.
- Are always learning more about which ingredients are widely considered safe + get that there’s always more to learn!
- Will always be transparent + provide a full ingredient list for every product, as well as ingredient explanations.
- Will never sell anything that they wouldn’t feel comfortable using on our their own bodies or recommending to family + friends.
No more guessing about shipping rates, or being disappointed over high rates. They ship quickly! Same day processing, so most are received within 48 hours.
- $3.99 flat-rate shipping on all purchases in the U.S.
- Free shipping on orders over $49 in the U.S.
FoxyMango offers free samples on some products + shoppers can order up to five of them. This way, you can get an idea of the smell + feel before committing to the full-size. The flat-rate shipping cost of $3.99 will still apply though.
If you change your mind before opening something, or tried it once + didn’t like it, you can send it back! No reason to have a drawer full of unused product anymore! Buyer pays return shipping + restocking fee if the product has been opened.
To get 10% OFF your entire order, use Coupon Code “GG10” from Aug. 26 – Sept. 8, 2013!
xo, The Glamorganic Goddess
Have you ever shopped here? What are your thoughts?